|(Photograph courtesy of twentyythreex.tumblr.com)|
Having an hour-glass figure is considered to be extremely attractive by men throughout human history.
The hour-glass figure is the equivalent of having a 36-inch hips and a 23-inch waist.The perfect hip-to-waist ratio (hour-glass figure) is the best way to assess women to be fertile. Universally, men find "fertile women" to be attractive.
The "Belly Button" or Umbilicoplasty Involved in a Tummy Tuck
- A tummy tuck procedure almost always involves repositioning of your belly button (procedure is called umbilicoplasty.)The only time when the umbilicus is not repositioned is when your plastic surgeon performs a mini-tummy tuck, which has very limited indications (very few are candidates for a mini-tummy tuck.)There are several methods of doing an umbilicoplasty performed by different plastic surgeons.
- Although the ideal shape of the "belly button" has been debated, studies have shown that in a young thin female, the umbilicus tends to have a small, vertically oriented umbilicus.
- As the young attractive woman ages, the hooding of the "belly button" and deepening of the stalk develops.
- With weight gain and after pregnancy, the umbilicus widens and deepens resulting to an unattractive "belly button."
- A wide umbilicus and the presence of an outward protrusion called an "outie" are considered to be unappealing.
- An ideal "belly button" according to studies of young women with an attractive abdomen shows desirable characteristics that is small in size, vertically oriented, and the presence of a superior hood.
|Before & After Photos of a Tummy Tuck Procedure with VASER Liposculpture performed by Emmanuel De La Cruz MD, PLLC|
Some of the benefits of abdominoplasty may be reduced or eliminated by pregnancy.Thus it is wise to postpone the procedure if a pregnancy is anticipated in the near future.
Stay tuned for more information about Tummy Tuck....
Emmanuel De La Cruz MD, PLLC