Excess buccal fat is usually a hereditary condition that typically does not respond to weight loss. With the popularity of model-like facial features, several women with cherubic faces opt to have this surgical procedure.
|Amalfi, former supermodel, with an ideal cheek|
BUCCAL FAT REMOVAL (bichectomia in spanish)
- Buccal fat pad removal, also known as cheek reduction surgery
- This is designed to create a more sculpted facial contour or chiseled look.
- The buccal fat pad is removed which reduces the cherubic, soft and round facial appearance.
- The buccal fat pad removal is performed through a small incision inside the mouth.
- The buccal fat is about the size of a golf-ball or ping-pong ball. Buccal fat removal can be done in conjunction with other procedures to further enhance the facial contour. The location of buccal fat deep within the face prevents its removal with liposuction.
Houston Plastic Surgeon